Skip to main content

Charles Rouse opened a garage in Wellington Street early last century after making bicycles for Timson, Bullock & Barber in Montagu Street and Charles Wicksteed’s engineering firm in Digby Street. He also sold and repaired motorcycles and built the chassis for the first Robinson car. He is pictured outside his premises next to a 1905 Humber Forecar, a kind of motorised rickshaw popular with lady passengers who sat in the comfy chair. In later years the garage was taken over by his son Frank until he retired in 1975.

See less


Comments

Details


A-Z prev: C.J. Cobb
A-Z next: C.J.Martins